12th February, School News Headlines Today: The morning assembly is an old tradition in schools. The assembly is typically held in the morning and requires all teachers and students to gather on the school grounds or the hall.
The format of the assembly isn’t fixed and can vary from school to school. However, the primary activities stay the same. The principal delivers a speech, and students read the news headlines. Talent shows, debates, speeches and fun role plays are often included in the school assembly.
Prayers, yoga and physical exercise can also be a part of the morning school assembly. However, today we bring you the top news headlines, which increase awareness among the students about global and domestic affairs.
You can check out the news headlines for 12 February to be read during the morning school assembly below.
National News Headlines for Today’s School Assembly February 12
1) BJP released its list of candidates for Rajya Sabha Polls, which included RPN Singh and Sudhanshu Trivedi.
2) IIT Madras’ 2nd offshore campus is likely to be set up in Sri Lanka.
3) Delhi Traffic Police issued an advisory ahead of the proposed farmer’s protest on Feb. 13. The Punjab-Haryana border was sealed in many places and section 144 was imposed.
4) Arvind Kejriwal hinted at contesting Lok Sabha elections solo in Delhi after snubbing Congress in Punjab.
5) Pune residential areas experienced a shocking mosquito tornado.
6) PM Modi accused the Congress party of dividing people over caste, language and region, as he promised to win the 2024 Elections with over 370 seats.
International News for Today’s School Assembly
- Israel plans to enter Rafah as the war with Hamas intensifies. Egypt continued to broker peace talks and hostage deals between Israel and Hamas.
- Imran Khan-backed independents secured the most seats in Pakistan elections while Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz) and Pakistan People’s Party hoped to form a coalition government.
- At least 9 Pakistanis were killed in a shooting in southeastern Iran.
- Israel discovered the Hamas tunnel under the UNRWA Gaza headquarters.
- Ukraine claimed that Russian forces were using Elon Musk’s Starlink in occupied areas. In other news, Russia launched a deadly drone attack on Kharkiv.
Sports News for Today’s Assembly
- U-19 World Cup Final: India lost to Australia by 79 runs in the U19 Cricket World Cup final.
- Glenn Maxwell tied the record for most T20I hundreds with Rohit Sharma after leading Australia to a win against West Indies.
- India defeated the Netherlands in a shootout after drawing their match in the FIH Pro League.
Important Days on 12 February
- National Productivity Day
- Darwin Day
- International Epilepsy Day
- Valentine’s Week (Hug Day)
Thought of the Day
“If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin.”
― Charles Darwin